Announcement: BTM 1.2 released

Hi Everyone,

The latest version of BTM  has just been released. For release notes and dowload link, please visit:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/BTM/Download

Please note that the documentation hasn't been fully updated yet but that will follow soon.

Thanks,

The BTM Team

Re: Announcement: BTM 1.2 released

Karl Cassaigne
Hi Ludovic,

I just integrated this new version into my application with success (it arrived just on time for the final testing phase). Thanks for this quick release.

I'm now waiting for the incremental recovery planned for the 1.3 release ! ;-)

Regards,
Karl

Ludovic Orban wrote
Hi Everyone,

The latest version of BTM  has just been released. For release notes and dowload link, please visit:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/BTM/Download

Please note that the documentation hasn't been fully updated yet but that will follow soon.

Thanks,

The BTM Team

Re: Announcement: BTM 1.2 released

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the report. It's always nice to hear back from users.

Incremental recovery is quite a big internal change in the recovery engine so don't expect release 1.3 anytime soon. Do you have any special requirement about it or are you just looking forward for new features ?

If there is anything else you'd like to see BTM doing, please let me know.

Re: Announcement: BTM 1.2 released

Karl Cassaigne
Well, incremental recevorey would be nice to eliminate the need to ensure that all JMS and JDBC resource are available upon startup...

I've spent some time on a JMS auto-(re)connect logic which allows for proper startup/shutdown of internal modules depending on JMS availability. The fact is that my application just won't start in case JMS is not available because BTM would have failed during recovery.

However, once the recovery is done and the application is started, resource availability is well managed both by BTM and my reconnect logic so that's not a big issue.

A simple fix for that would be to have BTM wait (for a configurable amount of time) for all resources being available before starting the recovery process.

I don't currently see any other feature I would need in BTM but my use of JTA is quite simple for now...

Regards,
Karl

Ludovic Orban wrote