BTM-3.0

Himanshu
Can any one let us know how soon we can expect new release of BTM-3.0
Looking forward for new release.
Thanks.

Re: BTM-3.0

Brett Wooldridge-2
Hi,

Sorry, the delay is entirely on me.  We've been moving the project to a new site (github) and various house keeping chores leading up to a 3.0 release.  I think I will have some time next week to put into the release.  However, the first release of
BTM-3.0 will be a release candidate, 3.0RC1.  I cannot say how long between the release candidate and a official 3.0, but I would expect at least one month in order to give users a chance to find issues.

Regards,
Brett

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Himanshu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Can any one let us know how soon we can expect new release of BTM-3.0
Looking forward for new release.
Thanks.

Re: BTM-3.0

Himanshu
Thanks Brett for quick response.

Currently we are facing issue on heavy load, so we wanted to try new version of BTM which looks promising as per performance from road map.

Problem:
We have integrated BTM-2.1.3 with hibernate.
Now we are trying run two insert queries one after other on different tables in one transaction.
In heavy load we have observed that on commit second query data is persisted in database but first query persist after some delay.
Due to execution of query in different order we are facing issue in our application.
Do you have some inputs how can we resolve such issue?

Regards,
Himanshu

Re: BTM-3.0

Ludovic Orban-2
Himanshu,

The next release of BTM will be ready when it's ready, as is pretty common in the open-source world. It very much depends on how much time Brett and I can spend on it which hasn't been much lately.

Regarding your problem, it's too little info to give you a precise answer. It would help if we had an insight of how you configured BTM and Hibernate and what your application is doing in more details. That kind of problem very often is caused by an improper integration and/or mis-use of BTM and Hibernate.

Are you sure Hibernate is correctly configured to work with JTA transactions? Are you sure it really uses BTM? Have you properly configured and told Hibernate to make use of PoolingDataSource's? Are you sure the JTA API is used to control your transactions? Those are the points I would check first.

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Himanshu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Brett for quick response.

Currently we are facing issue on heavy load, so we wanted to try new version
of BTM which looks promising as per performance from road map.

Problem:
We have integrated BTM-2.1.3 with hibernate.
Now we are trying run two insert queries one after other on different tables
in one transaction.
In heavy load we have observed that on commit second query data is persisted
in database but first query persist after some delay.
Due to execution of query in different order we are facing issue in our
application.
Do you have some inputs how can we resolve such issue?

Regards,
Himanshu

Re: BTM-3.0

Brett Wooldridge-2
Do you have a test environment?  Cloning 3.0 from github and building from source is only about a 10 minute process. You might try 3.0 to see if it solves your performance issue.

However, it seems a little odd that the two queries are committing in a different order than their execution.  Typically the data goes into the database log in execution order, and the commit simply causes the database to move the data from the log into the tables (on the same order).

Hibernate and other ORM sometimes reorder queries to satisfy constraints.  I would first turn on SQL logging in Hibernate to make sure the order is what you think it should be.

BTM itself will not reorder anything.  What database are you using?

Brett

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 28, 2013, at 5:31 PM, Himanshu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Brett for quick response.
>
> Currently we are facing issue on heavy load, so we wanted to try new version
> of BTM which looks promising as per performance from road map.
>
> Problem:
> We have integrated BTM-2.1.3 with hibernate.
> Now we are trying run two insert queries one after other on different tables
> in one transaction.
> In heavy load we have observed that on commit second query data is persisted
> in database but first query persist after some delay.
> Due to execution of query in different order we are facing issue in our
> application.
> Do you have some inputs how can we resolve such issue?
>
> Regards,
> Himanshu

Re: BTM-3.0

Himanshu
Thanks again for quick response.

We have a test environment on Ubuntu server with database Mysql 5.5. And we have already tried to run our application with BTM-3.0 build from github, but we had same results.

Our application has two distribution one with Tomcat as application servers and other on Jboss.
On tomcat we use BTM as transaction manager and on Jboss we use default Jboss Transaction.
We tested our scenarios on both application server but we are only facing issue on Tomcat distribution, where the difference is only that here we are using BTM for transaction management that why we felt that issue is because of BTM.

We will further investigate with hibernate sql logging as per your recommendation and will post our findings.

Regards,
Himanshu