BTM with XA enabled single database

Vijay Pandey
Hi, I am planning to use BTM 1.3.2 with IBM UDB DB2 9.5 database ( driver=com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2XADataSource), and this is the only database we will be using for the transactions. As per the BTM documentation "As long as you're sticking with a single database, you won't pay the extra 2PC costs as the 1PC optimization will kick in. You don't even need a database implementing XADataSource thanks to the Last Resource Commit implementation". My question is for better performance do i still use the DB2 XA driver or i use the "Last Resource Commit implementation" with DB2 non XA driver i.e. "com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver" ? Thanks Vijay

Re: BTM with XA enabled single database

When you're only using a single resource, using the XADataSource or the LRC wrapper over the Driver class won't change much: performance and data safety will be at the same level.

I would first try with the XADataSource and use the LRC wrapper only in case you cannot get the XADataSource working properly.

Ludovic