Bitronix JMS XA Connection Testing Slow with OracleAQ

Bitronix JMS XA Connection Testing Slow with OracleAQ

pmmerritt1
I recently enabled connection testing through Bitronix for an OracleAQ queue and realized that the connection test itself was extremely slow. When looking at the code I realized that it is creating a temporary queue for each test, which in OracleAQ equates to a database table being created and dropped each time. Is there another way to perform connection testing which will not create a temporary queue, or a configuration option that I can set to improve the performance.

Re: Bitronix JMS XA Connection Testing Slow with OracleAQ

Ludovic Orban-2
There is no standard mechanism that can be used to test JMS connections, the temporary queue creation trick used by BTM should be used when you really need connection testing and have no alternative.

Usually, the JMS implementations provide a configurable connection mechanism of some form. In the case of OracleAQ I think this job should be delegated to the underlying JDBC datasource IIRC.