Bitronix Lookup in HIbernate 4

Demian Calcaprina
Hi Guys,

I was trying to migrate to hibernate 4, and I saw that inside hibernate, BTMTransactionManagerLookup class is not anymore https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-core/tree/master/hibernate-core/src/main/java/org/hibernate/transaction/
Does everyone know if it was deleted from some reason o moved to another place?

Thanks

Demian

Re: Bitronix Lookup in HIbernate 4

Ludovic Orban-2
That's a question you should have asked on the Hibernate mailing list... Nevertheless, the way JTA transaction managers are looked up in Hibernate 4 have changed quite a bit, and I think this is the right way it should be done now:

<property name="hibernate.transaction.jta.platform" value="org.hibernate.service.jta.platform.internal.BitronixJtaPlatform" />

Check https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?p=2450884 for reference.

Also make sure you're using BTM 2.1.2 as previous versions have a too limiting JNDI implementation which prevents Hibernate 4 from looking up resources.

I hope this helps.

2012/1/3 Demian Calcaprina <[hidden email]>

Hi Guys,

I was trying to migrate to hibernate 4, and I saw that inside hibernate,
BTMTransactionManagerLookup class is not anymore
https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-core/tree/master/hibernate-core/src/main/java/org/hibernate/transaction/
Does everyone know if it was deleted from some reason o moved to another
place?

Thanks

Demian

Re: Bitronix Lookup in HIbernate 4

Demian Calcaprina
Thanks Ludovic, I will try it. I was going to post in hibrenate mailing list but assumed some bitronix user may have faced this.

THanks again,

Demian

Ludovic Orban-2 wrote