Can't get source code

danielmeyer
I'm trying to check out the BTM source code following the instructions on the Wiki, but I get the following error:
C:\src>svn checkout http://svn.codehaus.org/btm/trunk/
svn: Server sent unexpected return value (400 Bad Request) in response to REPORT request for '/btm/!svn/vcc/default'
Am I doing something wrong, or is Subversion maybe down?
Thanks!

-Daniel-

Re: Can't get source code

It probably was a temporary outage. I just tried checking out the source code and it worked fine.

It could also be a problem between your local SVN version and the server's. The server is running 1.4.4 so maybe you're using a different client version that has problems communicating with that server.

I can not do much about this so I'd suggest you to try again and eventually try out different clients and see if that helps.

Re: Can't get source code

danielmeyer
Ludovic Orban wrote
It could also be a problem between your local SVN version and the server's. The server is running 1.4.4 so maybe you're using a different client version that has problems communicating with that server.
Ludovic, I've tried several different methods, but I get these errors:

SlikSvn's distribution, of the Subversion client, version 1.5.1:

C:\src>svn --version
svn, version 1.5.1 (r32289)
   compiled Aug  5 2008, 22:04:55

Copyright (C) 2000-2008 CollabNet.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.tigris.org/
This product includes software developed by CollabNet (http://www.Collab.Net/).

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_neon : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV protocol using Neon.
  - handles 'http' scheme
  - handles 'https' scheme
* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol.
  - with Cyrus SASL authentication
  - handles 'svn' scheme
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
  - handles 'file' scheme
* ra_serf : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV protocol using serf.
  - handles 'http' scheme
  - handles 'https' scheme

C:\src>svn checkout http://svn.codehaus.org/btm/trunk/
svn: Server sent unexpected return value (400 Bad Request) in response to REPORT request for '/btm/!svn/vcc/default'

Cygwin's distribution, version 1.4.6:

C:\src>svn --version
svn, version 1.4.6 (r28521)
   compiled Jul  1 2008, 18:31:28

Copyright (C) 2000-2007 CollabNet.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.tigris.org/
This product includes software developed by CollabNet (http://www.Collab.Net/).

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_dav : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV (DeltaV) protocol.
  - handles 'http' scheme
  - handles 'https' scheme
* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol.
  - handles 'svn' scheme
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
  - handles 'file' scheme

C:\src>svn checkout http://svn.codehaus.org/btm/trunk/
svn: This client is too old to work with working copy 'trunk'; please get a newer Subversion client

Cygwin's distribution, version 1.5.1:

[...]

I am able to checkout the source code of the Maven 2.0 branch just fine using all three of these methods...

Re: Can't get source code

danielmeyer
Hey, I figured it out! I just needed to use https instead of http:

svn checkout https://svn.codehaus.org/btm/trunk/

Perhaps the instructions should be updated?

I'll look forward to trying this out!

-Daniel-

Re: Can't get source code

That's strange. Many people already checked out the source code via HTTP without problem, and I just tried over again with client version 1.4.4 and it worked fine.

I highly suspect a problem on your side like for instance proxy settings or something. If you feel like investigating, I would recommend you to try out a totally different client like SmartSVN for instance (http://www.syntevo.com/smartsvn/download.html).

If you don't care you can just go on using the HTTPS URL since that works fine for you.

Ludovic