Connection Pool Recovery in Bitronix - migrating from JOTM

Connection Pool Recovery in Bitronix - migrating from JOTM

gersav
Hi,
I currently have a Spring application running Hibernate\Tomcat\JOTM. I am looking at moving from JOTM to BTM bcause of limitations in XAPool - XAPool does not recover connections to a DB Server when the server restarts, at least not for my environment. Als I use JMS and JMS support looks more complete in BTM.

Before I move to BTM, I'd like to confirm that I won't encounter the same connection pool issue, so my question is this - can the Bitronix PoolingDataSource manage\be configured to connect to a DB server that previously dropped connections because of DB Server restart? Is there any example of how to configure this behaviour in a Spring\Hibernate environment?

thanks

Re: Connection Pool Recovery in Bitronix - migrating from JOTM

The PoolingDataSource can indeed recover from a DB restart when configured appropriately. This basically means setting the testQuery property, see http://docs.codehaus.org/display/BTM/JdbcConfiguration13 for more details.

Spring and BTM work very well together. Have a look at this page to get started: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/BTM/Spring+Framework13

Do no hesitate reporting any positive/negative feedback or posting other questions you might have.