Disk Journal Usage for Single Resource Manager

Disk Journal Usage for Single Resource Manager

Vijay Pandey
Hi,

We only have 1 resource manager ( DB2 Database 9.5) to be either comitted or rolled back in a user transaction, so in this scenario also do we have to use the Disk journal for atomicity or can we go ahead and use the "null" journal, will the system stiil be in consistent state in the evnt of crash.

Thanks
Vijay

Re: Disk Journal Usage for Single Resource Manager

You can safely use the null journal if you only use one resource, just remember to switch back to the disk journal if you ever add an extra one.