Error during recovery: InvalidMarkException

Error during recovery: InvalidMarkException

Andrew Frolov
Hi!

I am using bitronix-hp fork and looks like I've got another recovery error.  Bitronix crush during reading transaction log.

[04-17 12:40:01,658] WARN  bitronix.tm.journal.DiskJournal           : active log file is unclean, did you call BitronixTransactionManager.shutdown() at the end of the last run?
[04-17 13:27:29,073] WARN  bitronix.tm.recovery.Recoverer            : recovery failed, registered resource(s):
java.nio.InvalidMarkException
        at java.nio.Buffer.reset(Buffer.java:298)
        at bitronix.tm.journal.TransactionLogCursor.readLog(TransactionLogCursor.java:132)
        at bitronix.tm.journal.TransactionLogCursor.readLog(TransactionLogCursor.java:77)
        at bitronix.tm.journal.DiskJournal.collectDanglingRecords(DiskJournal.java:456)
        at bitronix.tm.journal.DiskJournal.collectDanglingRecords(DiskJournal.java:281)
        at bitronix.tm.recovery.Recoverer.run(Recoverer.java:130)
        at bitronix.tm.BitronixTransactionManager.<init>(BitronixTransactionManager.java:65)
        at bitronix.tm.TransactionManagerServices.getTransactionManager(TransactionManagerServices.java:69)
        at org.hibernate.transaction.BTMTransactionManagerLookup.getTransactionManager(BTMTransactionManagerLookup.java:47)
        at org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.<init>(SessionFactoryImpl.java:397)
        at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1385)
        at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.buildSessionFactory(AnnotationConfiguration.java:954)
        at dbcommons.hibernate.context.HibernateContext.connectInternal(HibernateContext.java:157)

btm transaction log is above
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7lL9B5bUeieeW9YV1l4Z0Rsbk0/edit?usp=sharing

Re: Error during recovery: InvalidMarkException

Ludovic Orban-2
I can't say much about the bitronix-hp fork except this: it has been merged with the official BTM tree, and quite a few bugs were fixed in the process.

I can only advise you to build the latest BTM source tree yourself and give a try to this version. If you still hit bugs in that version, we'll sure fix them.