Exception using Bitronix

nampreet sarao
Hi ,

I am using Bitronix Distributed Transaction management for my application which involves interaction to different data sources.

I have the following scenario:
I try to delete and make changes to rows of few tables in one data source say DS1 and after everything is successfully there ,I access another Data source and try to alter one of the tables there.

Also to add on to this ,for queries revolving data source 1 I am using Hibernate where we are using cascade on the relation of two tables and for data source 2 I am using spring jdbc template.

I was not getting the following exception before using cascade ,it only aroused after the cascade was used.

When the changes are over .I get the following exception :
org.hibernate.StaleObjectStateException: Row was updated or deleted by another transaction (or unsaved-value mapping was incorrect)
followed by :
org.hibernate.cache.CacheException: org.jboss.cache.CacheException: Invalid transaction a Bitronix Transaction with GTRID [45494D2D544D0000011C9813BA5900000287], status=R
OLLEDBACK, 2 resource(s) enlisted (started Thu Sep 25 11:25:41 IST 2008), status = 4

Please suggest what can be the problem?

--
Thanks and Regards
Nampreet Sarao

--
Thanks and Regards
Nampreet Sarao
Synygy Inc,India

Re: Exception using Bitronix

There are many possible causes for this problem but the most likely ones are either a mistake in the Hibernate config or in the way it is used in your code.

Could you please post more information about the problem ? The full stack trace you're getting + the Hibernate config + the BTM config + a small code snippet showing how you've coded the transaction and the access to the two databases will be invaluable helping to figure out what the root cause of the problem is.

Re: Exception using Bitronix

nampreet sarao
I got the solution to the problem .There is nothing wrong with the way Bitronix is working .There was a problem at the Hibernate query side.I resolved the same.
Thanks for your time and help.

Nampreet

Hi,