Is there anything for JMS similar like LrcXADataSource

Is there anything for JMS similar like LrcXADataSource

Saji
The JndiXAConnectionFactory implemetaion is demanding the InitalContext factory lookup to return a  instance of XAConnectionFactory back . But, which is not working for most of the cases, ex: Weblogic doesn't allow the XASession to participate with foriegn TransactionManager.

Is there any way to Emulate this similar like LrcXADataSource?

Please advice

Re: Is there anything for JMS similar like LrcXADataSource

This has already been answered:
 http://www.nabble.com/Last-Resource-Gambit-td21688667.html#a21689047

This is too much time consuming to implement and I have other priorities. I'll only consider it if the development effort is sponsored.

Re: Is there anything for JMS similar like LrcXADataSource

Saji
Thanks ludovic for your quick response.

I was evaluating bitronix TM for one our project. Except JMS issue, all the other aspects have been addressed perfecty.
Just would like to know, If I am interested to sponsor..how you would like to take it.Let me know the details.

Regards
Saji

Saji

Re: Is there anything for JMS similar like LrcXADataSource

Saji
Hi Ludo,

Can you please prioritize this funcationality to be released as early as possible.
If this is added, it will be a remarkable feature compare to any other Opensource TM.

Would be really greatful if you can contribute this.

Thanks.
Saji

Saji wrote

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 11:58 PM, Ludovic Orban <lorban@bitronix.be> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> That's roughly 10 days of development effort plus testing but I have to
> implement that on top of a stable release which means 1.3.3 must be released
> before I can start.
>
> What is your time frame to get that feature ? Are you in a hurry ?
>
> Regards,
> Ludovic
>
> 2009/3/3 Saji V <vsaji17@gmail.com>
>
>> Thanks ludovic for your quick response.
>>
>> I was evaluating bitronix TM for one our project. Except JMS issue, all
>> the other aspects have been addressed perfecty.
>> Just would like to know, If I am interested to sponsor..how you would like
>> to take it.Let me know the details.
>>
>> Regards
>> Saji

Re: Is there anything for JMS similar like LrcXADataSource

Since you're considering sponsoring this feature we can make a tradeoff. Here is what we can do: I'll develop it as an add-on to BTM 1.3.2 which probably is the version you evaluated then merge it back to 1.3.3 after you confirmed it works fine for you.

This way you won't have to wait for the 1.3.3 release and I can start working on it ASAP to get it done by the end of this month.

There is one question that I haven't yet asked you that is pretty important: are you considering using the LrcXADataSource as well ? I have to warn you: you can only use one LRC resource at a time in a transaction so there is no way you could mix the LrcXADatasource together with the LrcXAConnectionFactory.

Re: Is there anything for JMS similar like LrcXADataSource

James House
Ludovic Orban wrote:
> There is one question that I haven't yet asked you that is pretty important:
> are you considering using the LrcXADataSource as well ? I have to warn you:
> you can only use one LRC resource at a time in a transaction so there is no
> way you could mix the LrcXADatasource together with the
> LrcXAConnectionFactory.

You mean more than one can't be last at the same time!?!?!?

;-)

Re: Is there anything for JMS similar like LrcXADataSource

That's exactly it.

I have to insist on that because it's not always clear in people's mind.