Isolation Level to Read Committed Snapshot in SQL Server

Isolation Level to Read Committed Snapshot in SQL Server

samyem
How do I set the isolation level with BRM to TRANSACTION_SNAPSHOT for SQL Server? With straight hibernate, it was configured as:
<property name="hibernate.connection.isolation">4096</property>

Re: Isolation Level to Read Committed Snapshot in SQL Server

Ludovic Orban-2
There is a "isolationLevel" property on PoolingDataSource that you can
fill with any of those four strings: READ_COMMITTED, READ_UNCOMMITTED,
REPEATABLE_READ or SERIALIZABLE.

This setting was missing from the doc so I added it for future
references: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/BTM/JdbcConfiguration2x

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 7:54 PM, samyem <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How do I set the isolation level with BRM to TRANSACTION_SNAPSHOT for SQL
> Server? With straight hibernate, it was configured as:
> <property name="hibernate.connection.isolation">4096</property>

Re: Isolation Level to Read Committed Snapshot in SQL Server

samyem
Yes I saw that part but I do not see how I can use TRANSACTION_SNAPSHOT as defined in com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.ISQLServerConnection. This is a SQL Server specific transaction isolation level and with direct JDBC, we can normally do connection.setTransactionIsolation(4096).

Even if BTM does not support, is there a way to override the "translateIsolationLevel" method to allow other types of transaction isolation levels?

Thanks,

Ludovic Orban-2 wrote

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 7:54 PM, samyem <samyem@gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I set the isolation level with BRM to TRANSACTION_SNAPSHOT for SQL
> Server? With straight hibernate, it was configured as:
> <property name="hibernate.connection.isolation">4096</property>

Re: Isolation Level to Read Committed Snapshot in SQL Server

Ludovic Orban-2
That currently isn't possible, at least it's not possible to get a
connection from the pool already set to that isolation level.  I
suggest you to open an improvement request in JIRA if you really want
to be able to automate this.

On the other hand, you can always set the isolation level manually on
the connection yourself after getting it from the pool.

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 9:25 PM, samyem <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes I saw that part but I do not see how I can use TRANSACTION_SNAPSHOT as
> defined in com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.ISQLServerConnection. This is a SQL
> Server specific transaction isolation level and with direct JDBC, we can
> normally do connection.setTransactionIsolation(4096).
>
> Even if BTM does not support, is there a way to override the
> "translateIsolationLevel" method to allow other types of transaction
> isolation levels?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Ludovic Orban-2 wrote:
>>
>> There is a "isolationLevel" property on PoolingDataSource that you can
>> fill with any of those four strings: READ_COMMITTED, READ_UNCOMMITTED,
>> REPEATABLE_READ or SERIALIZABLE.
>>
>> This setting was missing from the doc so I added it for future
>> references: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/BTM/JdbcConfiguration2x
>>

>> On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 7:54 PM, samyem <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> How do I set the isolation level with BRM to TRANSACTION_SNAPSHOT for SQL
>>> Server? With straight hibernate, it was configured as:
>>> <property name="hibernate.connection.isolation">4096</property>

Re: Isolation Level to Read Committed Snapshot in SQL Server

panpan2523
Christian Louboutin brand high heel shoes are appreciated by Stars especially Hollywood stars and are the most top-level shoe brand. Speaking bluntly, I also love the red sole high heels, no reason, just for it is Christian Louboutin, if the price is not so expensive, cheap christian louboutin shoes I think I will love it more and will buy many Christian Louboutin red sole high heels. But if it is not so expensive, it maybe not Christian Louboutin shoes.