JNDI-lookup JMS queues?

danielmeyer
I am using BTM 1.3 to provide JNDI lookup for a JMS connection factory, so that we can integration test queue writes outside of the app server.  I am interested in also doing JNDI lookup on the JMS queue.  Does BTM support that?  In the documentation I did not see an example of looking up a queue.

Thanks!
-Daniel-

Re: JNDI-lookup JMS queues?

Sorry but that's not possible. The BTM JNDI provider is mean to lookup resources managed by BTM, ie: connection pools and the transaction manager, nothing more, nothing less.

You should not see this JNDI provider as a full-blown implementation but rather as some helper tool to give a standard way to libraries needing access to the pools and the TM, like Hibernate for instance.

If you really need a complete JNDI server, you can use Tomcat's which is quite easy to reuse. This is what I recommended using before BTM 1.3, there is an example here: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/BTM/Hibernate

Ludovic