Last Resource Gambit

steveAtSignet
Hi

I've just discovered that WebSphere MQ for iSeries doesn't "support dynamic registration of XA resource managers", and that "the only transaction manager supported is WebSphere Application Server"!

Does BTM allow for what this article at JavaWorld calls the Last Resource Gambit? i.e. Can it "provide the same recovery guarantees when all but one resource is XA-capable... by ordering the resources and using the non-XA resource as a casting vote".

If it is possible, what would I need to do to make it work?

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer.
Steve.

Re: Last Resource Gambit

Sorry but Last Resource Gambit currently is only implemented for JDBC. It's possible to implement it for JMS too but that was too much time consuming and there was too little interest so I left it out.

It might be possible to use WebSphere MQ's XA support even if IBM does not support it if it has a XAConnectionFActory implementation.

Re: Last Resource Gambit

steveAtSignet
Unfortunately, it seems I can't use the XA support in WebSphere MQ - I've already configured it to use the com.ibm.mq.jms.MQXAConnectionFactory and I just keep getting an error saying "Queue manager rejected XA client connection".

I know this is a bit cheeky to ask here, but I believe you also contribute to Atomikos. Do you know if AtomikosCommunity supports the Last Resource Gambit pattern?

Otherwise I think I'll be going for the Best Efforts 1PC pattern.

Re: Last Resource Gambit

Check this up: http://www.mqseries.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?=&p=167249

As for Atomikos, this is not the right place to discuss it.