Maven 2 instructions

danielmeyer
I think the instructions for using pre-release versions of BTM with Maven 2 are a little wrong: They show that you should put this in your pom.xml file:
<remoteRepository>
    <key>codehaus-snapshots</key>
    <handleReleases>true</handleReleases>
    <handleSnapshots>false</handleSnapshots>
    <url>http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org</url>
</remoteRepository>
But that is not valid syntax for the pom file (I think it's the format you would use for an Ant task). I think this is what needs to be put in the pom file:
<repository>
    <id>codehaus-snapshots</id>
    <url>http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org</url>
    <snapshots>
        <enabled>false</enabled>
    </snapshots>
</repository>
I tried this and it brought in the btm-1.3-RC2.jar as I hoped:
Downloading: http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/org/codehaus/btm/btm/1.3-RC2/btm-1.3-RC2.jar
Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what the instructions were trying to tell me? :)

-Daniel-

Re: Maven 2 instructions

Honestly I never tried the instructions I documented as I'm not using maven 2 personally. I think I got that somewhere online, probably it was unrelated or outdated documentation.

I've changed the documentation to the syntax you proposed as this worked for you.

Thanks for the report.

Re: Maven 2 instructions

danielmeyer
Ludovic,

In the updated Maven 2 instructions, both slf4j artifacts in the examples are slf4j-log4j12.  I think you meant for the first one to be:

<artifactId>slf4j-jdk14</artifactId>

And thank you, I think the extra example helps!
-Daniel-

Re: Maven 2 instructions

You're right, that now fixed.