Maven POM for BTM

eldzino
Hi Ludovic,

I have prepared maven POM file with relevant dependencies. If you are interested in it I can send you (or commit to SVN somehow) this file. What is your opinion?

Regards,
Laco

Re: Maven POM for BTM

eldzino
Well, maven is a project management tool which eases build and dependency lifecycle management. It standardizes a basic project layout and takes care of things like building, testing, packaging and managing dependencies. From my point of view if you are developing projects based on maven, you just setup dependencies declaratively.

From the point of your project you don't have to put libraries into version control system and can bound them to public repositories (i.e. ibiblio repository). It doesn't break your project in any way.

Maybe you will find it useful and you can publish it into public repository also, so it will be easily available to anybody. Maven is Apache project and you can find out more on their website.

Regards,
Laco

Ludovic Orban wrote
Hi Laco,

I'm not very familiar with maven. What would be the benefit of having a POM
?

Ludovic

2007/11/2, eldzino <eldzino@gmail.com>:

> Hi Ludovic,
>
> I have prepared maven POM file with relevant dependencies. If you are
> interested in it I can send you (or commit to SVN somehow) this file. What
> is your opinion?
>
> Regards,
> Laco

Re: Maven POM for BTM

Laco,

Could you please post your POM file ? I'll hav ea look at it.

It also seems that other users would be interested so it might be a good idea to support it.

Thanks.
Ludovic

2007/11/2, eldzino <[hidden email]>:

Well, maven is a project management tool which eases build and dependency
lifecycle management. It standardizes a basic project layout and takes care
of things like building, testing, packaging and managing dependencies. From
my point of view if you are developing projects based on maven, you just
setup dependencies declaratively.

From the point of your project you don't have to put libraries into version
control system and can bound them to public repositories ( i.e. ibiblio
repository). It doesn't break your project in any way.

Ludovic Orban wrote:

> Hi Laco,
>
> I'm not very familiar with maven. What would be the benefit of having a
> POM
> ?
>
> Ludovic
>
> 2007/11/2, eldzino <[hidden email]>:
>>

>> Hi Ludovic,
>>
>> I have prepared maven POM file with relevant dependencies. If you are
>> interested in it I can send you (or commit to SVN somehow) this file.
>> What
>> is your opinion?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Laco
>> --
>>
>>     http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Re: Maven POM for BTM

eldzino
ok, here it is

Ludovic Orban wrote
Laco,

Could you please post your POM file ? I'll hav ea look at it.

It also seems that other users would be interested so it might be a good
idea to support it.

Thanks.
Ludovic

2007/11/2, eldzino <eldzino@gmail.com>:

> Well, maven is a project management tool which eases build and dependency
> lifecycle management. It standardizes a basic project layout and takes
> care
> of things like building, testing, packaging and managing dependencies.
> From
> my point of view if you are developing projects based on maven, you just
> setup dependencies declaratively.
>
> From the point of your project you don't have to put libraries into
> version
> control system and can bound them to public repositories (i.e. ibiblio
> repository). It doesn't break your project in any way.
>
> Maybe you will find it useful and you can publish it into public
> repository
> also, so it will be easily available to anybody. Maven is Apache project
> and
> you can find out more on their website.
>
> Regards,
> Laco
>

> Ludovic Orban wrote:
> >
> > Hi Laco,
> >
> > I'm not very familiar with maven. What would be the benefit of having a
> > POM
> > ?
> >
> > Ludovic
> >
> > 2007/11/2, eldzino <eldzino@gmail.com>:
> >>

> >> Hi Ludovic,
> >>
> >> I have prepared maven POM file with relevant dependencies. If you are
> >> interested in it I can send you (or commit to SVN somehow) this file.
> >> What
> >> is your opinion?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Laco
> >> --
> >>
> >>     http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

pom.xml

Re: Maven POM for BTM

smccrory
The Spring Framework instruction page at:

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/BTM/Spring+Framework

may want to include the new Maven 2 dependency block for people using it.

i.e....

Step 1: Copy the BTM jars
Copy the following jars from the BTM distribution to the Tomcat common/lib/ directory:

btm-1.2.jar
geronimo-spec-jta-1.0.1B-rc4.jar
slf4j-jdk14.jar (or any other one available here)

Note that if you're using Maven 2 in your project, you just need to add the following to your pom.xml:

    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.btm</groupId>
        <artifactId>btm</artifactId>
        <version>1.2</version>
    </dependency>

Re: Maven POM for BTM

This is something I planned doing, but thanks for reminding me.

As you may have noticed, the Spring howto still speaks about BTM 1.1. Not that many things changed in 1.2 but I want to make sure everything still works the same before updating that documentation page.

I planned to completely review all the examples and integration howtos after 1.3 is out as it will come with improvements that will make it even easier to configure.

Thanks again,
Ludovic