Significance of DEBUG bitronix.tm.timer.TaskScheduler - total task(s) still queued:

Significance of DEBUG bitronix.tm.timer.TaskScheduler - total task(s) still queued:

Franklin Antony
I have just started using Bitronix to get a JTA transaction done. However, I can see the following in my log.

DEBUG bitronix.tm.timer.TaskScheduler - total task(s) still queued:

Not really sure what it means. Am sure its trying to do something. Is this something I need to worry about ?

Regards,
Franklin

Re: Significance of DEBUG bitronix.tm.timer.TaskScheduler - total task(s) still queued:

snicoll
Hi,

It is a debug statement. As a regular user, you shouldn't have to care too much about BTM's debug logs unless you have a problem that you need to investigate. BTM will logs a lot of information in DEBUG mode that are pretty much useless in production.

We can explain to you what that debug statement means if you want to but it's harmless as far as I can see.

S.

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Franklin Antony <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have just started using Bitronix to get a JTA transaction done. However, I
can see the following in my log.

DEBUG bitronix.tm.timer.TaskScheduler - total task(s) still queued:

Not really sure what it means. Am sure its trying to do something. Is this
something I need to worry about ?

Regards,
Franklin

Re: Significance of DEBUG bitronix.tm.timer.TaskScheduler - total task(s) still queued:

Franklin Antony
I know its way out of my league , but could you just let me know a bit of what these tasks are queued? Would there be a chance of this building up? Afterall they are "tasks still queued" which means they have to be completed at some point in time.

I just am not being able to figure out how they are processed.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,
Franklin

snicoll wrote

<franklinantony@gmail.com>wrote:

> I have just started using Bitronix to get a JTA transaction done. However,
> can see the following in my log.
>
> DEBUG bitronix.tm.timer.TaskScheduler - total task(s) still queued:
>

> Not really sure what it means. Am sure its trying to do something. Is this
> something I need to worry about ?
>
> Regards,
> Franklin

Re: Significance of DEBUG bitronix.tm.timer.TaskScheduler - total task(s) still queued:

snicoll
Franklin,

On Monday, July 25, 2011, Franklin Antony <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I know its way out of my league ,

That's certainly not what I meant.  As far as I can see btm outputs that there are no task pending left (unless you cropped part of the log). So all in all it's not pilling up, it is notifying you that all the pending tasks are completed.

Maybe the log output should change if the list of task is empty. Feel free to raise a jira entry for that.

Thanks,
S.

> but could you just let me know a bit of
> what these tasks are queued? Would there be a chance of this building up?
> Afterall they are "tasks still queued" which means they have to be completed
> at some point in time.
>
> I just am not being able to figure out how they are processed.
>
> Appreciate your help.
>

> Regards,
> Franklin
>

> snicoll wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It is a debug statement. As a regular user, you shouldn't have to care too
>> much about BTM's debug logs unless you have a problem that you need to
>> investigate. BTM will logs a lot of information in DEBUG mode that are
>> pretty much useless in production.
>>
>> We can explain to you what that debug statement means if you want to but
>> it's harmless as far as I can see.
>>
>> S.
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Franklin Antony
>> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>

>>> I have just started using Bitronix to get a JTA transaction done.
>>> However,
>>> can see the following in my log.
>>>
>>> DEBUG bitronix.tm.timer.TaskScheduler - total task(s) still queued:
>>>

>>> Not really sure what it means. Am sure its trying to do something. Is
>>> this
>>> something I need to worry about ?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Franklin

Re: Significance of DEBUG bitronix.tm.timer.TaskScheduler - total task(s) still queued:

Franklin Antony
Hi Snicoll,
  No worries, I was just just kidding. But honestly it is way out of my leagues. However I sure am interested to know.

  You are right, I had cropped a bit from the log(Obviously the important part). Sorry for the confusion.

Following is the log
#####################################

22:58:49.453 [bitronix-scheduler] DEBUG bitronix.tm.timer.TaskScheduler - running a PoolShrinkingTask scheduled for Mon Jul 25 22:58:49 GST 2011 on an XAPool of resource java/jbpmdb with 1 connection(s) (1 still available)
22:58:49.453 [bitronix-scheduler] DEBUG bitronix.tm.resource.common.XAPool - shrinking an XAPool of resource java/jbpmdb with 1 connection(s) (1 still available)
22:58:49.453 [bitronix-scheduler] DEBUG bitronix.tm.resource.common.XAPool - checking if connection can be closed: a JdbcPooledConnection from datasource java/jbpmdb in state IN_POOL with usage count 0 wrapping com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.JDBC4MysqlXAConnection@c8e4de - closing time: 1311620388953, now time: 1311620329453
22:58:49.453 [bitronix-scheduler] DEBUG bitronix.tm.resource.common.XAPool - closed 0 idle connection(s)
22:58:49.453 [bitronix-scheduler] DEBUG bitronix.tm.resource.common.XAPool - shrunk an XAPool of resource java/jbpmdb with 1 connection(s) (1 still available)
22:58:49.453 [bitronix-scheduler] DEBUG bitronix.tm.timer.TaskScheduler - scheduling pool shrinking task on an XAPool of resource java/jbpmdb with 1 connection(s) (1 still available) for Mon Jul 25 22:59:49 GST 2011
22:58:49.453 [bitronix-scheduler] DEBUG bitronix.tm.timer.TaskScheduler - removing task by an XAPool of resource java/jbpmdb with 1 connection(s) (1 still available)
22:58:49.453 [bitronix-scheduler] DEBUG bitronix.tm.timer.TaskScheduler - cancelled a PoolShrinkingTask scheduled for Mon Jul 25 22:58:49 GST 2011 on an XAPool of resource java/jbpmdb with 1 connection(s) (1 still available), total task(s) still queued: 2
22:58:49.453 [bitronix-scheduler] DEBUG bitronix.tm.timer.TaskScheduler - scheduled a PoolShrinkingTask scheduled for Mon Jul 25 22:59:49 GST 2011 on an XAPool of resource java/jbpmdb with 1 connection(s) (1 still available), total task(s) queued: 3
22:58:49.453 [bitronix-scheduler] DEBUG bitronix.tm.timer.TaskScheduler - successfully ran a PoolShrinkingTask scheduled for Mon Jul 25 22:58:49 GST 2011 on an XAPool of resource java/jbpmdb with 1 connection(s) (1 still available)
22:58:49.453 [bitronix-scheduler] DEBUG bitronix.tm.timer.TaskScheduler - total task(s) still queued: 3
22:59:41.953 [bitronix-scheduler] DEBUG bitronix.tm.timer.TaskScheduler - running a PoolShrinkingTask scheduled for Mon Jul 25 22:59:41 GST 2011 on an XAPool of resource java/emdb with 1 connection(s) (1 still available)
22:59:41.953 [bitronix-scheduler] DEBUG bitronix.tm.resource.common.XAPool - shrinking an XAPool of resource java/emdb with 1 connection(s) (1 still available)
22:59:41.953 [bitronix-scheduler] DEBUG bitronix.tm.resource.common.XAPool - checking if connection can be closed: a JdbcPooledConnection from datasource java/emdb in state IN_POOL with usage count 0 wrapping com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.JDBC4MysqlXAConnection@8698fa - closing time: 1311620388953, now time: 1311620381953
22:59:41.953 [bitronix-scheduler] DEBUG bitronix.tm.resource.common.XAPool - closed 0 idle connection(s)
22:59:41.953 [bitronix-scheduler] DEBUG bitronix.tm.resource.common.XAPool - shrunk an XAPool of resource java/emdb with 1 connection(s) (1 still available)
22:59:41.953 [bitronix-scheduler] DEBUG bitronix.tm.timer.TaskScheduler - scheduling pool shrinking task on an XAPool of resource java/emdb with 1 connection(s) (1 still available) for Mon Jul 25 23:00:41 GST 2011
22:59:41.953 [bitronix-scheduler] DEBUG bitronix.tm.timer.TaskScheduler - removing task by an XAPool of resource java/emdb with 1 connection(s) (1 still available)
22:59:41.953 [bitronix-scheduler] DEBUG bitronix.tm.timer.TaskScheduler - cancelled a PoolShrinkingTask scheduled for Mon Jul 25 22:59:41 GST 2011 on an XAPool of resource java/emdb with 1 connection(s) (1 still available), total task(s) still queued: 2
22:59:41.953 [bitronix-scheduler] DEBUG bitronix.tm.timer.TaskScheduler - scheduled a PoolShrinkingTask scheduled for Mon Jul 25 23:00:41 GST 2011 on an XAPool of resource java/emdb with 1 connection(s) (1 still available), total task(s) queued: 3
22:59:41.953 [bitronix-scheduler] DEBUG bitronix.tm.timer.TaskScheduler - successfully ran a PoolShrinkingTask scheduled for Mon Jul 25 22:59:41 GST 2011 on an XAPool of resource java/emdb with 1 connection(s) (1 still available)
22:59:41.953 [bitronix-scheduler] DEBUG bitronix.tm.timer.TaskScheduler - total task(s) still queued: 3

Best Regards,
Franklin
snicoll wrote
Franklin,