The dead lock in JMSPooledConnection

Alex Fedorov
Hi Ludovic!

First of all, thanks a lot for nice piece of code... I managed to integrate it nicely with Mule 2.2 and succeed to use XA (in standalone tomcat) with IBM MQ, Oracle AQ and Oracle JMS... It works like a train.

Only one think, i experienced deadlocks in JMSPooledConnection under heavy load in multythreaded environement. Changing the code to use Java5 semaphores did the trick. ;) All is good now.

May be you will have interess to take a look. Here is attached patched source.
JmsPooledConnection.java

Thanks in advance,
Alex

Re: The dead lock in JMSPooledConnection

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the feedback, it's very much appreciated.

About your patch: thanks for it but I cannot apply it for 2 reasons:

 - You've used JDK 1.5+ code and I want to maintain full JDK 1.4 compatibility in version 1.3.x.
 - I don't understand the issue you're trying to fix.

I'd be glad if you could tell me more about the deadlocks you ran into, it must be possible to fix that while maintaining the 1.4 compatibility.

Thanks again,
Ludovic