Tomcat Integration

Renato Eschini
Hello,
I'm tring to integrate btm 1.3.3 with apache-tomcat-5.5.27. I follow the guide at http://docs.codehaus.org/display/BTM/Tomcat13 but I have thi error when Tomcat start:

27-Oct-2009 21:31:56 org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester startElement
SEVERE: Begin event threw error
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/catalina/LifecycleListener
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.jav
a:124)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:56)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.ObjectCreateRule.begin(ObjectCrea
teRule.java:205)

ecc...

The only thing that difference from guide is about Tomcat's lib: for m the guide refereds at common/lib so I put all required jars under common/lib....

The tomcat installation is fresh and running under ubuntu 9.04 and java version "1.6.0_16".

I saw in forum that more users have integrated btm in tomcat 5.5.27 successfull... I hope that some one can help me...

Thanks!

Renato

Re: Tomcat Integration

I think btm-tomcat55-lifecycle.jar should go in $TOMCAT_HOME/server/lib and not $TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib in Tomcat 5.5. The other JARs should still go in $TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib.

Re: Tomcat Integration

Renato Eschini
Ludovic Orban wrote
I think btm-tomcat55-lifecycle.jar should go in $TOMCAT_HOME/server/lib and not $TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib in Tomcat 5.5. The other JARs should still go in $TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib.
Thanks! It works!!!