how to config a remote transaction manager

how to config a remote transaction manager

Lin Hailue
Hi,
        Is that possiable to setup a transaction manager remotely and access it from multiple clients?
        I need this in the following senario: I replicate my database in two db servers(mysql), I also have two Tomcat servers that process HTTP requests, JTA is used to ensure the database replications are always synchronized. With seperated transaction manager, I suspect there may exist some corner cases where the concurrent execution of trasactions managed by different managers may lead to data inconsistency. So a master transaction manager may be a nice solution. Am I right?
        Thanks!

Re: how to config a remote transaction manager

I don't get what you're trying to achieve except that it has to do with replication and MySQL.

To cut it short BTM does not support transaction propagation though a network and MySQL does not properly support XA, it rather fakes its support.

This should at least warn you that your design should be at least partly revisited...