maxPoolSize for PoolingConnectionFactory

maxPoolSize for PoolingConnectionFactory

gersav
I am using the bitronix.tm.resource.jms.PoolingConnectionFactory to manage JMS connections for a Spring\ActiveMQ application.Because of the design of the application, I have 6 separate org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer classes that I initially wanted to associate with one PoolingConnectionFactory. However, the maxPoolSize limit of 5 means that the PoolingConnectionFactory cannot handle all the DMLC instances.

With the assumption that I cannot change the number of DMLC's, should I be using multiple PoolingConnectionFactorys to handle the DMLCs? Will using multiple PoolingconnectionFactorys cause any other problems?

In the longer term, the maxPoolSize limit of 5 seems quite low. Would it be possible to extend this, or would there be some performance\design trade-off to do this?

thanks

Re: maxPoolSize for PoolingConnectionFactory

Dennis Brakhane-2
On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 12:06 PM, gersav <[hidden email]> wrote:
> In the longer term, the maxPoolSize limit of 5 seems quite low.

Why don't you just increase the limit then?

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/BTM/JmsConfiguration

Re: maxPoolSize for PoolingConnectionFactory

Indeed, the maximum pool size is not limited to 5, this is an arbitrary value I've used for illustrating the principle.

You can just set it to any value that suits your needs.

Re: maxPoolSize for PoolingConnectionFactory

gersav
Sorry, I misread the info on the pooling configuration page

I interpreted "5. This connection factory can contain at most 5 connections." to mean that the connection factory class in general had a max of 5 connections, not the example

Apologies

Re: maxPoolSize for PoolingConnectionFactory

This is probably due to a poor wording in the sentence. Documentation improvements are welcome too !